The Aviation Africa Summit and Exhibition took place in Kigali, Rwanda from the 27th-28th February 2019. A major trade event for the aerospace and defence industries in Africa, the 4th edition of the summit brought together over 800 delegates from to 71 different countries at the Kigali Convention Centre. The event was attended by several ministers, heads of staff and directors of civil aviation authorities in addition to representatives from 35 African countries.
Among the key development issues for the African aviation industry addressed during the conference, we noted:
- How different players can share resources and skills to develop opportunities for training, education and technological developments in order to meet the sector’s future requirements
- Single African Air Transport Market (SAATM) Session: addressing the challenges and reflecting upon the successes of implementing the ‘Single Sky’ agreement
- How Africa is paving the way for the development of drone usage thanks to innovative regulations
- Public-private partnerships to increase development of aerospace facilities
- The need for coordination among the francophone African aviation companies in order to share a single sky and a common language
- Why a greater involvement in maintenance services led by equipment manufacturers may lead to significant growth for MRO operations in Africa
Future innovations in the aeronautical sector: from pilotless aircraft to the development of new smart engines, continuous improvements for design and performance
- Consolidating and strengthening bilateral agreements and their impact on the African aviation industry
Details of the next edition of the event which will take place in Accra, Ghana in 2020 will be released soon.
More information about the event can be found on the website: http://www.aviationafrica.aero/home
The Sonema team will be delighted to answer any questions you may have about this event. Contact us at email@example.com.