Managing Complex Systems
IT plays a key role within any company, with users needing ever-increasing amounts of storage space and rapid information processing. Additionally, there are new access methods to consider, particularly with regards to mobility.
The increasingly complex nature of IT systems and the growth of network technologies have had two major impacts:
- The increase in investments and operating costs for equipment and systems
- The need for additional technical expertise
Outsourcing IT tools allows companies to focus on their core business. It also enables them to focus their staff on less time-consuming tasks while reducing handling and maintenance costs.
But outsourcing is a significant step. It’s important to rely on a qualified partner who will accompany your business and future projects on a long-term basis.
Sonema offers hosting solutions for customer IT facilities in order to guarantee service continuity. We also offer a wide range of Iaas, PaaS and SaaS hosting services to protect their critical data.
We provide you with access to our secure datacentre, virtualisation facilities, network resources and a high-performance SAN.
Sonema can provide assistance for all types of hosting project from colocation offers, IaaS hosting on virtual machines or SaaS managed services and you can also count on our support for your BCP/DRP projects.
Sonema offers you scalable hosting solutions based on robust connectivity and effective security solutions.
- Pay-as-you-grow invoicing
- All Inclusive: no hidden costs or investments
- Dedicated and scalable capacity
- BCP/DRP plans
- Multi-platform environment
Access to Our Facilities
- Privately-owned, fully redundant datacentre
- Tier-III design – PCI-DSS certified
- Europa-Africa backbone
Discover Our Hosting Services
A cloud computing service which uses virtual machines (VM) to provide the very highest levels of security.
The best service to protect your data and ensure your business continuity.
A fully-managed and secure external email hosting service.
Save & Restore
An outsourced backup service to secure and restore data in case of disaster.
Rack rental, private rooms and redundant equipments (power, air conditioning, feed…)
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the difference between Housing and Hosting?
What is virtualisation?
What is a VM (Virtual Machine)?
What are vRAM, vCPU, and vDisk?
vCPU: is the sum of VCPUs allocated to VMs in order to treat the data and execute applications sent by the vRAM.
vDisk is the total sum of disk space provisioned to VMs on which the host or an application can carry out reading and writing operations.
What is a PCI-DSS Datacentre?
How are datacentre tiers classified?
99.671% for a Tier I datacentre to 99.995% for a Tier IV datacentre. The Sonema Level III datacentre comprises a server network, storage spaces, network connections and other redundant and dual-power IT components ensuring a level of availability of 99.982% or 1.6 hours of service interruption per year (on average).
|Rate of Availability||99.98 %|
|Power Distribution||N + 1|
|Cooling Circuit||N + 1|
|Dual Secured End-to-End Fibre||Yes|
What is Cloud Computing?
What are the various cloud components?
- SaaS (Software as a Service): provision of business applications: CRM, collaborative tools, email, Business Intelligence, ERP etc. The operator operates and oversees all technical aspects of the software for the customer’s account.
- PaaS (Platform as a Service): provides a middleware platform allowing customers to develop, run, and manage applications. The operator monitors and controls the technical infrastructure (network, servers, OS, storage etc while the customer has control over application deployment and configuration.
- IaaS (Infrastructure as a Service): provision of IT resources: CPU power, memory, storage etc. The IaaS model allows the customer to use virtual and remote resources whilst keeping control of the OS, storage and applications in addition to some network elements (for example the firewall).
Sonema offers all of these services within the scope of its hosting offer.
What is the USA Patriot Act?
signed into law by President George W. Bush in 2001. It authorises law enforcement authorities to access IT data held by individuals and American businesses, without a court order and without informing the users.
What is the Cloud Act?
|Patriot Act||Cloud Act|
|Date||October 26th, 2001||March 23rd, 2018|
|Beneficiaries||American governmental agencies (FBI, CIA, NSA, Army)||American authorities with a warrant|
|Context||Terrorism investigations||Criminal investigations|
|Target||American businesses and their foreign subsidiaries|
|Nationality of subject||American citizen or foreigner|
|Location of data||USA or abroad|
Sonema’s customer data is exclusively hosted in the Frejus or Lognes datacentre which are owned by Sonema and are located in France. This enables us to ensure data confidentiality without being subject to the Cloud Act.
What is Webmail?
What is Post Office Protocol?
What is IMAP (Internet Message Access Protocol)?
What is SMTP (Simple Mail Transfer Protocol)?
What is an email client?
What is DAG (Database Availability Group)?
What are the benefits of hosting mailboxes within a dedicated VM?
- Flexibility and control: With a dedicated VM, the customer fully controls his environment
- Security: As the only user of the server, the risk of being hacked or pirated is much lower than when using a shared VM
- Stability: If the customer is the only user of the server, he will enjoy an optimum performance.
What is the 3-2-1 Backup Rule?
The rule is: keep at least 3 copies of your data, and store 2 backup copies on different storage media, with 1 of them located offsite.
Why outsource backups if they are already carried out internally?
What does DRP/ BCP?
- Business Continuity Plan (BCP):
Sonema and the customer will define together which architectures, means and procedures are necessary in order to ensure high availability of its facilities.
The goal is to provide the customer’s users with seamless service plus transparent data replication between two sites in real time. This replication will be carried out in the 2 server rooms at our Frejus Datacentre.
- Disaster Recovery Plan (DRP):
Sonema will help the customer design and implement a Disaster Recovery Plan to ensure the rapid resumption of its IT facilities in the event of an outage. The restart will be carried out at our Frejus and/or Lognes Datacentres. When the DRP is implemented, Sonema and the customer will define together which architectures, means and procedures are necessary to protect the applications and rapidly resume business activity.
What does RPO/RTO mean?
RTO (Recovery Time Objective) describes the maximum duration of time from when an incident is detected to the moment when service is restored.
With these 2 parameters, Sonema will be able to define an appropriate backup policy within the framework of the « Save & Restore » and « BCP/DRP » offers which will impact unavailability cost/duration.