A look at West Africa Com 2019
West Africa Com 2019, the annual conference for the digital and ICT sector in West Africa took place from the 10-11th July in Dakar, Senegal. The conference was attended by over 400 guests in addition to a dozen exhibitors. This event offers managers from the telecommunications, ITC and digital sectors a unique opportunity to meet with businesses from West Africa’s French and English-speaking communities.
Telecom and broadcasting services operators today face multiple challenges, in particular increasingly complex data traffic and the introduction of new services plus higher expectations from users with regards to efficient services and always-on connectivity in both the space and terrestrial segments.
Here are the key issues mentioned during the conference :
- The difficulty for new operators to set up businesses in Senegal
- The developing interconnectivity between countries
- The development of Tier III Datacentres and Cloud offers
- The cost of licences, the new regulations and the lack of infrastructure sharing, all of which impose constraints on telecoms development
- Major discrepancies in pricing and coverage between various countries in Africa which were outlined during the conference: only 25% of Africans are online today. For example, in Benin, 1.4 million people have no internet access and 50% of the population has poor coverage. The regulatory authority is aiming to connect 98% of the population to a mobile network by 2015
The next edition of the West Africa Com 2020 conference will take place from the 8th-9th July in Dakar, Senegal.
For more information, click through to the conference website: https://www.newtec.eu/event/west-africa-com-2019
For further details, please
Do not hesitate to contact the SONEMA team at email@example.com