Following events held in Guinea in May and Niger in September, the SONEMA group together with DATASYS their partner in Burkina Faso since 2006, organised a third workshop centred around the IT and Telecoms issues faced by businesses and institutions.
The workshop took place on Thursday the 23rd November and was held at the Silmandé hotel in Ouagadougou. The event brought together over 30 IT Directors of companies and institutions from various sectors in Burkina Faso.
The workshop participants were able to address the issues faced by businesses across the country together, focusing in particular on the following themes:
- Modernising and safeguarding telecommunications infrastructures, in particular by the implementation of hybrid solutions, combining terrestrial technologies with the high availability of VSAT connections
- Using a connectivity service which is both reliable and resilient to guarantee business activity
- Anticipating the evolution of business applications and the significant increase in data and internet traffic for private domestic networks as well as public international networks
- Improving user experience by optimising traffic and quality of service without the need for additional bandwidth
- Being aware of the importance of high-quality technical support. 24/7 support is vital to handle questions, calls and technical requests. Although it is rarely assessed by IT Management, the quality of their technical support has a major economic impact on a company’s business performance
This final workshop brought the 2017 programme of on-site meetings to a close, a programme designed by SONEMA to support its local partners and highlight its business development. In 2018 a new series of meetings will be organised, in particular in Senegal and the Democratic Republic of Congo.